Saturday, February 16, 2008

The Great Flood!!


Last Saturday I got a text message at 1:00 am from my hubby saying the hot water heater flooded the downstairs. Yipee!!! Just what I wanted to hear! NOT!! No shower after being in a smokey bar cooking all night? I wasn't about to brave a freezing cold shower! Shule did, and he didn't recommend it to anyone...really? Well we went to church in all our stinky goodness and then straight after that, Shule went and got us a new hot water heater and we're good to go!! Thanks to a fellow employee and her husband we were able to put it in with little difficulty! A few days of sucking out carpets and blowing fans to dry the floors we are back in business!!!

3 comments:

Julee and Matt said...

That's no fun...but I am glad it's all fixed.

Jessi said...

What a nightmare! I'm glad it got all worked out.

smiliesar said...

We had so many floods while growing up. Our basement leaked and finally my parents put in their own pumping system. I feel your pain. YUCK!